At The Manual Touch Physical Therapy, we use a Whole Body Approach to create unique traditional and non-traditional manual therapy and exercise plans for teenagers and adults to reclaim function, life, movement, and enjoyment of the activities they love.
We are a nine-year old, single-practitioner owned practice located in Wheeling, a northern suburb of Chicago. We provide one-on-one care for our patients, in order to provide the best health outcomes. We are very active in our community, providing regular workshops on a variety of health topics at our clinic. The owner, Denise, is a regular speaker and presenter at community organizations in Wheeling and the surrounding suburbs. Over the past few years, we’ve experienced steady growth and are looking to bring on another practitioner to continue growing and serving our community!
We are looking for a self-directed and entrepreneurial-minded Physical Therapist to join our team. The ideal partner will start part-time with the potential to work up to full-time as the caseload builds.
We’re looking for someone who has a desire to be part of a growing business and wants to take an active role in marketing and growing the business. This person will be flexible and open to change as our practice continues to grow and evolve.
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone with the flexibility to start part-time and increase hours up to full-time as the business grows.
- Did you take a lengthy break from working? No problem.
- Someone who wants to enjoy the flexibility of private practice
- Someone who is tired of seeing multiple patients at once, and wants to treat patients one-on-one
- Someone who approaches PT from a holistic standpoint, not just a diagnosis using a cookie cutter approach
- Someone who is able to meet their patient where they are at in their healing journey and partner together to move forward
- Someone who is open-minded, loves to learn, and is committed to being part of a growing practice
- Someone who is open to being mentored and trained in The Manual Touch approach, in order to integrate these techniques into their own approach
- Someone who is organized, reliable, and dedicated to personal and professional growth
- Someone who knows what they don’t know and isn’t afraid to ask for help
To Be Successful In This Position You Must:
- Have excellent manual and palpation skills, including; myofascial release, soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, and visceral mobilization
- Gray institute training preferred
- 10+ years of experience working as a Physical Therapist in an Orthopedic-focused clinic
- Be licensed or eligible to obtain your Illinois Physical Therapy license
- Support and contribute to the company’s Purpose, Vision and Core Values
- Be willing to participate in the growth of the company via marketing activities such as educational workshops, blog writing, social media, and community events
- Build lasting relationships and trust with our clients through open communication and empathy
- Identify the client’s internal problems, speak to their “why” and determine their goals
What’s in it for you:
- A part-time position with room for growth in a non-traditional physical therapy setting
- Working in a calm, supportive environment, where you are encouraged to be yourself
- The opportunity to make a real difference in our patient’s lives
- Ongoing mentoring as needed
Interested in applying for this position? If so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and….
1.) Please use the subject line: Applying for part-time position at The Manual Touch
2.) Within the body of the email, include a few sentences about why you think you’re a good fit.
3.) Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile (If you don’t have one, please make one and include it)
4.) Attach your resume and CV to the email (PDF files format only)